Skip to main content

Archive - Feb 26, 2014

Firth girls basketball team raises 2A title banner

February 26, 2014

FIRTH — Firth High School students and staff celebrated the victory of the girls' basketball team on Wednesday morning as the banner for the Girls' 2A Real Dairy Shootout State Basketball Championship banner was raised.
This is the second girls' basketball championship in the school's history. The first was won in 1987.

Mother-daughter celebrate Firth win

February 26, 2014

FIRTH — The mother-daughter team of Monica Backlund Nelson and her daughter Bailey Nelson share some special memories centering around the Firth Girls' Basketball championship.
Both played on a Firth Girls' Basketball team that won the state championship.
Monica was part of the Firth team that won the first state championship in school history in 1987.
Bailey was on the 2014 Firth championship team.

Panthers win district championship over Bear Lake 57-37

February 26, 2014

POCATELLO — In the opening quarter last Friday night against American Falls, Snake River did not come out and play it's best quarter against the winless Beavers.
Tuesday night the Panthers took on Bear Lake with the 3A District 5 championship on the line and this time they were determined to show that last week's game was a fluke.
Kade Keller did his best to make sure the Panthers made a statement early and take the feisty Bears out of the game.
Keller slashes and knifed his way to the basket to a tune of a game-high 27 points, seven in the first quarter as the Panthers dominated the Bears from start to finish earning a 57-37 victory, the district title and the chance to defend their 3A state championship.

CO detectors recommended for homes using gas

February 26, 2014

BLACKFOOT — In response to the tragic deaths of the Bill Parrish family in Pocatello, people are snapping up carbon monoxide (CO) detectors. By Tuesday night, area stores were sold out of detectors.
The tragedy involves Bill Parrish, his wife, Ross, and their younger sons, 15-year-old Keegan and 12-year-old Liam died last Saturday night because of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Blackfoot Fire Chief Kevin Gray said, CO detectors are recommended if people are buying gas or wood burning stoves for their homes.

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes