Skip to main content

Archive - Sep 23, 2010 - Latest News

Date
Type

Blackfoot Community Center to reopen Friday

September 23, 2010

BLACKFOOT — The Blackfoot Community Center will reopen Friday after being closed today to assess damages from the nearby fire at a Sartori Foods storage building.
Executive Director Ashlee Howell said they are working to purify the air today, and that it will be safe for the children to return to the center tomorrow. They will open at 7:30 a.m.
Blackfoot Fire Chief Kevin Gray said the chemicals that burned in the fire are normal household chemicals, and there is no serious threat to human health from the chemicals in the smoke.

Updated - Fire forces kids to evacuate

September 23, 2010

BLACKFOOT — There were some scary moments for kids Wednesday afternoon at the Blackfoot Community Center when a fire across the street brought billows of smoke towards the Center, forcing an evacuation.
Center administrators quickly began calling parents alerting them to the fire and advising them that the smoke was intense. Approximately 35 students were picked up before the Code Red call came. With 52 students remaining, officers ordered them to evacuate.

Fire destroys Sartori storage building (with video)

September 23, 2010

BLACKFOOT –Downtown Blackfoot was covered in dense smoke Wednesday evening from a fire that destroyed a storage building for Sartori Foods.

The fire began at approximately 4:30 p.m. in a Quonset hut located on Ash Street across the street from the Sartori Foods manufacturing plant. Inside were packaging materials, cleaning chemicals and other unidentified materials.

Businesses and residences within a three-block radius of the fire were evacuated as thick smoke filled the streets and limited visibility for drivers on Judicial and Bridge streets.

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes