#2 Tragedy in Blackfoot with three accidental electrocutions
By LISA LETE and LESLIE MIELKE
BLACKFOOT â€” An unthinkable tragedy took the lives of three Blackfoot residents on the evening of Aug. 29, 2012. Jackie Poulson (31), Lance Hicks (41) and Keith Tarpley (49) were all accidentally electrocuted when they entered into an electrically charged canal in the Groveland area, four miles northwest of Blackfoot. The incident started as an attempt to rescue Poulson's dog.
THOMAS â€“ Because of the shootings at Newtown, Conn., this month, school safety is on everyoneâ€™s mind.
In the Snake River School District, high school assistant principal Ray Carter is in charge of school security.
â€śOur first priority is student and staff safety as well as safety for family, patrons and community members,â€ť said Carter. â€śStudents wonâ€™t be able to achieve academically without the assurance of their safety.
â€śI think stability with the administration and staff members really helps,â€ť he said.