Coming up: Events happening this week
BLACKFOOT – Here is a listing of events happening in and around Bingham County this week. Check our online calendar at http://www.am-news.com for updated information during the week. If you have an event you would like posted please send it to email@example.com.
• Solo auditions for the community performance of Handel’s “Messiah” are from 4—6 p.m. at the Snake River High School.
• Bingham County Historical Society final meeting of the year tonight at 6 p.m. at the Senior Citizens Center. Roast beef dinner--please bring a salad or dessert. Speaker Gene Womack.
• Fall Used Book Sale at the Marshall Public Library, 113 S. Garfield in Pocatello from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Cash only. No scanners allowed.
• Bingham Economic Development Corporation is sponsoring a symposium to discuss entrepreneurial marketing strategies that accelerate company growth. The featured speaker will be Dr. Gary Rhoads, the Stephen Mack Covey professor of marketing and the associate director of the Center of Entrepreneurship and Technology at BYU Provo. It will be at the new Tommy Vaughns Restaurant at 10:30 a.m. and conclude with a networking lunch at noon. Cost is $25 and seating is limited. For ticket information call Leah Rigby at 680-8364 or Roger Chase at 223-2620.
• The Blackfoot Performing Arts Center presents the first of all the McManus Comedies, A Fine and Pleasant Misery, by Patrick F.McManus, starring Tim Behrens at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $15 for adults and $10 for students and can be purchased at Tweedy’s Music in Blackfoot, online at blackfootpac.com or over the phone at 317-5508.
• Fall Used Book Sale at the Marshall Public Library, 113 S. Garfield in Pocatello from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Cash only. No scanners allowed.
• The Southeastern District Health Department will sponsor an adult only flu vaccination clinic from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Shelley Senior Citizens Center, 193 W. Pine Street.
The cost for the vaccination is $26-$42. Medicare can be billed as long as participants bring their medical card and any supplemental insurance. Vaccines for children are available by appointment only. For more information contact the Bingham County Office at 785-2160 or visit www.sdhdidaho.org.
• Fall Used Book Sale at the Marshall Public Library, 113 S. Garfield in Pocatello from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Cash only. No scanners allowed.
• BYU’s Vocal Point is performing at Snake River High School tonight at 7 p.m. For more information call 684-9684.
• Holiday Gift Fair at the Willard Arts Center in Idaho Falls, 450 A. Street from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. For more info. call 589-7540.