Skip to main content

Fire destroys house near Shelley

May 16, 2014

Courtesy photo – Bryan Jolley This home was destroyed by fire Friday afternoon. The house was located southeast of Shelley.

SHELLEY – A fire destroyed at house between Shelley and Firth Friday afternoon.
The house was located near 1060 N. 1000 E., Shelley.
"The fire started in a pan of oil on the stove," said Shelley fire chief Mike Carter. "The lady left it to go outside.
"When she returned, the kitchen was on fire and then the house was totally involved before we [the Shelley Fire Department] got there," he said. "I think the house was totally involved before we were called.
The Shelley Station was first to respond; the Firth Fire Department gave a hand, said Carter.
The house was completely destroyed. The unattached garage had four cars in it.
Each of the four cars was damaged, said Carter.
It if estimated the fire started about 12:30 p.m. The fire was put out about 3:30 p.m.
"There was no wind and the day was hot at the time of the fire," said Carter.
"It was a real nice-looking place; they had done a lot of work around it," he said.
No one was injured.

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes