- Special Sections
- College Football
THOMAS â€” Snake River's Distinguished Young Women program will be held Saturday at 7 p.m. in the high school auditorium.
The theme for the evening will be Jungle Fever and the emcee will be Amanda Burt, who was Snake River's Junior Miss in 2010.
Hannah Hansen will also share her talents and enthusiastic personality one last time as the reigning 2012 Distinguished Young Woman. She has done a great job representing Snake River this past year.
The DYW Committee, under the direction of Sheila VanOrden, would like to thank the patrons and generous members of this community for their continued support for this scholarship program.
Tickets are $7 and can be purchased at the door or by calling Margaret Turpin 684-3330 or Sari David 684-4397. Participants are:
1. Celeste Gepford, daughter of Aaron and Shelby Gepford, will perform a vocal solo with a drama presentation entitled Doll on a Music Box. She is planning on pursuing a career in the medical field.
2. Xenia Reyes would like to become a dental hygenist. She will dance to the music International Love by Pitbull and Chris Brown. Her parents are Humberto Reyes and Rosa Sanchez.
3. Jessica Williams is the daughter of James and Laurena Williams. She will sing Goin' to the Dance With You by Kristen Chenoweth. Her future plans consist of becoming an artist or psychologist.
4. Annie Whittier will play the piano selection You Raise Me Up by Brendan Graham and Rolf Loveland. Her parents are Randy and Laura Whittier. She want to be a wildlife artist/ photographer.
5. Janalyce Turpin, daughter of Paul and Genae Turpin will perform the vocal selection Funny Girl from the movie Funny Girl by Jule Styne. She is interested in entering the medical field.
6. Paige Hunter wants to become a registered nurse. Her parents are David and Dawnette Hunter. She will dance to the music Holding Out For a Hero from Footloose.
7. Aisha Seamons is the daughter of Kurt Seamons and Nicole Hale. She will sing The Life of the Party from the musical The Wild Party. Becoming a psychologist is in her future plans.
8. Allyssa Delaney will play a violin/fiddle solo entitled West Desert Hoedown. She would like to pursue a career as a nurse anesthetist. Her parents are Joe and Amy Delaney.
9. Whitney Powell, daughter of Shane and Tamara Powell, will play the piano selection Gallopade by Genevieve Lake. She wants to become a dentist.
10. Larissa Furniss wants to own a cosmetology business. She is the daughter of Brett and Lisa Furniss. She will perform a vocal solo, I've Got Rhythm from Girl Crazy by George Gershwin and Ira Gershwin.
11. Paige Watt is the daughter of Shane and Kammile Watt. She wants to pursue a career as a dance teacher. She will do a Contemporary Ballet on Pointe to the musical Michael Meets Mozart by Jon Schmidt.
12. Rebecca Hutchison will sing Once Upon a December from the movie "Anastasia" by Stephen Flaherty. She would like to become a social worker. She is the daughter of David and Sandra Hutchinson.
13. Kimile Furniss will perform a piano selection entitled Marching Season by Yanni. Her parents are Kim and Jill Furniss. Becoming a pediatrician is her career goal.
14. Malorie Smout is the daughter of David and Darlene Smout. She wants to be a secondary teacher. She will sing The Lilac Tree by George H. Gartlin.
15. Kayla Weight, daughter of Melinda Bush, will dance to the music, Remember the Name by Far East Movement. She wants to pursue a career as a pediatrician.