Two of the original wooden beveled glass doors, that once opened to travelers at the stone train depot in the early 1900's (now the Idaho Potato Museum and Blackfoot Chamber), have been given new life as display cases, thanks to the handiwork of local cabinetmaker and businessman Mason Sandow.
Sandow, who owns MHS Custom Cabinets, has built a career cabinet-building. It is a skill he has honed since he was a woodworking student at Blackfoot High School five years ago, winning a national championship cabinetmaking competition.
So, when grant money became available to the Idaho Potato Museum through the Ifft Foundation Fund to give the doors new life, Sandow was a shoo-in for the job.
For more on this story, check out our print or e-editions.