Fort Hall Resident Suffers Loss of Home due to Chimney Fire

Fort Hall, Idaho- News Released November 19, 2019. On Monday at approximately 6:30pm Fort Hall Fire & EMS along with the Blackfoot Fire responded to a chimney fire in Lincoln Creek District on the Fort Hall Reservation (east of BLackfoot).  According to Fort Hall Fire Chief Eric King, “Upon arrival of all the fire units, the majority of the roof was on fire. The residence was a total loss.” 

 
The family is being assisted by Tribal resources as well as the Red Cross. There were no injuries to the residence or firefighters. The fire was controlled under an hour, although, Fire crews were on scene for several hours extinguishing hot spots and salvaging the occupants personal items. The cause of the fire was determined to be a faulty chimney. 
 
No more information will be available at this time.